Sermon Recording file for English Service, 23 Oct 2015
Sermon Presentation :
Key Verse: Luke 17:5 ‘’And the Apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our Faith.
Definition of Faith:
- Hebrew 11:1… Now faith is assurance of things hope for, a conviction of things not seen. Or obey the scripture or expression of confidence In God and his word.
- Hebrew 11:6 No one can please God without faith, for whoever comes to God must have faith that God exist and rewards those who seek him.
- Habakkuk 2:4- But the righteous shall live by his faith.
The quality of life you live is determined by your faith. (Roman 10:17- So then, faith comes from hearing the word). Many hear the word, but the word they hear did not profit them. (Luke 8:5-8- The sower went forth to sow his seed) (1 Timothy 4:15 – Be diligent in these things, give thyself wholly to them; that thy progress may be manifest unto all. Luke 17:6- And the Lord said, if you had faith as a grain of mustard seed, you might say unto this sycamine tree, be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea, and it shall obey you.
Things I have to know:
1-What do I need to grow in faith?
- 2 Timothy 3:1-15- … but know this, that in the last days grieve us times shall come for men shall be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful etc
- Ephesians 6:16-17- Above all taking up the shield of faith, with which you shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the evil one and take the helmet of Salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God
- Hebrew 11:11 – By faith even Sarah herself received seed when she was past age, since she counted Him faithful who had promised.
If every time temptation come your way, you give up, that show you need to increase your faith. So don’t give up because of temptation.
2-You have to know about faith:
- Roman 12:3 – The Grace given unto me, to every man that is among you not to think (of himself) more highly than he ought to Think, but to think soberly according as God hath dealt to everyman the measure of faith. Already everyone who is a born again have a measure of faith
- 2 Corinthians 5:17- wherefore if any man is in Christ , he is a new creature; the old things are passed away; behold, they are become new. Now it is your responsibility to increase your faith.
Many of us don’t want to take our responsibilities. We want to leave everything to God. In Hebrew 11 end teach us how to know about faith and men and women who through faith make something out of their faith.
3-You can increase your faith.
- 2 Corinthians 10:15- Not boasting of things without (our) measure (that is) of other men’s labours; but having hope when your faith is increased. So faith is increasable. So don’t say how can faith increase, the word of God has told you faith can be developed from one level to another. It is your personal responsibilities.Habakkuk 2:4, so you have to accept your responsibilities if you want to grow, the Lord Jesus Christ told us a parable of 10 virgins. It shows us about people who increase the faith and them that did not. Matt 25:1-13.
- God has given you a measure of faith; it is now your responsibility to make it grow for your own good. Nobody can do it for you, build your faith by reading the word of God (Joshua 1:8),
- Act 20:32, -And now brethren, I commit you to God, and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which sanctified. So go back to this word. The more you read the word the more your faith increase, but the more you run away from the word of God, the more your faith goes down. We have 4 type of faith
- Low faith
- Little faith
- Great faith
- Exceeding faith.
Jesus said, you people of low faith. From the first day we give our life to Christ, he gave us His grace, a measure of faith. Matthew 8:26- O you of little faith, 2 Thesalonians 1:3, for that your faith grow exceedingly
4) What did God want from me and How can I Arise above the storm
A- Abide In Christ: John 15:4-12- Abide In me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine, so neither can ye, except ye abide in Me.
1 Corinthians 7:24- Brethren, let each man wherein he was called, therein abide with God.
Romans 8:28-30- And we know that to them that love God all things work together for good, even to them that are called according to [His] purpose.
Isaiah 40:30- But they that wait for Jehovah shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk, and not faint.
Acts 17:28- For In Him we live, and move and have our being; as certain even of your own poets have said, for we are also his oofspring.
Psalms 62:5, 2 Peter 1:8-10, Luke 8:15, John 14:23, 1 John 2:6-11, Psalms 91:1-2 and 1 John 2:15-17
B-Plan Your Life:
Luke 14:28-33- For which of you desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he have, wherewith to complete it?
Proverb 16:1- The Plans of the hearth belong to man; but the answer of the tongue is from Jehovah.
Proverb 21:5- Plan carefully, and you will have plenty; if you act too quickly, you will never have enough
Proverb 14:8- Why is a clever person wise? Because he knows what to do, why a stupid person is foolish because he only think he knows.
Genesis 41:33-35- Now you should choose some man with wisdom and insight and put him in charge of the country, 34 & 35 You must also appoint other officials and take a fifth of the crops during the seven years of plenty.
Proverbs 24:2, Romans 2:6, Habakkuk 2:3, Nehemiah 2:1-20
C- Pay Your Tithes and Give Good Offerings:
-Malachi 3:6-12- I am the Lord, and I do not change and so you, the descendants of Jacob, are not yet completely lost. You, like your ancestors before you, have turned away from my laws and have not kept them. Turn back to me and I will turn to you, but you ask what must we do to turn back to you? I ask you, I s it right for a person to cheat God? Of course not, yet you are cheating me. How? You ask. In the matter of tithes and offerings. A curse is on all of you because the whole nation is cheating me. (read to the end of verse 12)
Proverbs 11:24-25 Be generous, and you will be prosperous
2 Corinthians 9:6-7 Remember that the person who sow few seeds will have a small crops
Luke 12: 41-44, Mark 12:41-44, Luke 16:38, Proverbs 3: 9-10, Psalm 4:5, Matt 6:21, Luke 21:1-4
Proverbs 3:9-10 – Honour Jehovah with thy substance, and with the first fruits of all thine increase. So shall thy barns be filled with plenty and thy vats shall overflow with new wine.
D- Be Contented:
Philippians 4:11-13- And I am not saying this because I feel neglected, for I have learnt to be satisfied with what I have. I know what it is to be in need and what it is to have more than enough. I have learnt this secret so that anywhere, at any time, I am content, whether I am full or hungry, whether I have too much or little. I have the strength to face all conditions by the power that Christ give me.
Hebrew 13:5- Keep your life free from the love of money, for God has said ‘’ I will never leave you; I will never abandon you’’
1 Timothy 6:6-11- Well, religion does make a person very rich, if he is satisfied with what he has. What did we bring into the world? Nothing. What can we take out of the world, Nothing!
References (Read Luke 12:5, Philips 4:19, 2 Corinthians 12:10, 1 Corinthians 7 :17, Matt 6:19-24, Proverbs 30:8-9